The former Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) (中山医科大学) was located in Guangzhou, Guangdong, China. It is government run university which originated from Boji Medical College (博济医学院), which was established in 1886 in part as a result of the Canton Hospital. The Kung Yee Medical School and Hospital was merged into it in 1925. Dr. Sun Yat-sen once studied and worked in Boji.
This university is a national key medical university. In 2001, the university merged with Sun Yat-sen University and became the Sun Yat-sen College of Medical Science.
Sun Yat-sen University (SYSU), originally known as Guangdong University, was founded in 1924 by Dr.Sun Yat-sen, a great democratic revolutionary leader of the 20th century. Comprising 4 campuses of 1525 acres, SYSU is located in Guangzhou of Guangdong province, neighboring Hong Kong and Macao.
Being one of the leading universities in China, SYSU is a comprehensive university directly under the MOE and listed in the “Project 985” and “Project 211“. Now it has 36 colleges, 5 directly affiliated departments, 5 affiliated comprehensive hospitals and 3 affiliated specialized hospitals with a total of 8,202 beds. And the students on campus amount to over 70,000 including 1,585 from foreign countries.
In the school, there’s a faculty of 353, including 43 professors, 56 associate professors, 121 technicians, 49 doctoral supervisors and 98 master supervisors etc. Many of them are the overseas personnel in the national “A Thousand Talents Program”, Cheung Kong Scholars, the winners of National Outstanding Youth Fund, and the national well-reputed educators.
As to international cooperation and communication, the medical school has built close ties with more than 50 universities or institutions from the United States, Australia, England, Belgium, Brazil, Korea etc. And each year, the school invites some famous medical professors from University of London, Columbia University, University of Denver, University of Chicago, Indiana University to give lectures and trainings.
The school enrolled its first batch of MBBS program students in 2006 and suspended from 2008 to 2010 for construction. In 2007, it was approved by MOE as the first universities qualified to offer MBBS program in English for international students. The well strengthened MBBS program is open again in 2011and till now about 250 students from Nepal, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka etc are studying in this program.
SYSU is listed in the WHO World Directory of Medical Schools and the graduates of MBBS programs are eligible to take the Medical Licensing Examinations held by the medical councils in different countries such as MCI, PMDC, USMLE, HPCSA, SCHS etc.
The duration of internship is one year (at least 48 weeks). Students shall do it in China with tuition fee of RMB 38,000 per year. And before internship, students need to pass the HSK 4 and internship qualification exam held by the medical school. For more detail, please visit the Internship and Career.
Tuition Fee: 38,000 RMB/year
Accommodation Fee: 4,800 RMB/year (Triple Room)
Registration Fee: RMB 800
Application Fee: RMB 600
Insurance Fee: RMB 600
Cost of Living: 600~1000 RMB/month
In Total: 52,000~56,800RMB/year
1. Students should come from English-speaking countries. If not, a minimum score of 60 on the TOEFL iBT or a minimum IELTS score of 6 is required.
2. Age requirements: 18 years or above.
3. Senior high school graduation qualification.
4. Scores of English in high school records should be Grade C or above (70 points or above out of 100).
5. Scores of mathematics, physics, chemistry, and biology in high school records should be Grade D or above (60 points or above out of 100), and Grade C or above in at least one of the subjects among mathematics, physics and chemistry.
6. Record of good behavior
7. Good health (including no color blindness)
8. Applicants who have graduated from high school but not yet received graduation diplomas should provide supplementary documentation from schools verifying their status.
9. Students are required to take an entrance exam organized by Sun Yat-sen University, which covers mathematics, chemistry, and physics.
1. Photocopy of valid passport
2. Passport photo
3. High school academic transcript
4. High school graduate certificate
5. English proficiency test certificate
For More Info Kindly Visit
© 2016 Baba Consultancy. All rights reserved | Designed by Marina